Earthy herbed mushrooms mixed with baby arugula, tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette, and topped with long paper thin shavings of salty Parmesan. This makes getting bored of eating salad almost impossible!
Caesar, Greek, blue cheese wedge…I’m always looking for new salads to make.
I love salad but having the same old dressing coated lettuce all the time can give you a case of the salad blues real fast.
That’s why this warm mushroom and arugula salad is so great to throw into the mix! Even though it’s technically a salad, because it’s served warm to room temp it really can double as a side dish.
Here’s what you’ll need…(serves 2-3)
- 1/2 bag baby arugula- about 4 cups
- 1 box of sliced baby bella mushrooms (8 oz.)
- shallots (sliced thin)
- garlic clove (minced)
- fresh oregano
- fresh thyme
- light olive oil
- lemon juice
- red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- shaved Parmesan cheese to taste
- In a medium-large sauté pan, drizzle olive oil to heat up over medium-high heat.
- Slice up your shallots and chop the garlic. Chop herbs finely.
- Add your mushrooms to the pan and let them begin to cook, season with salt and pepper.
- After 2-3 minutes add in your shallots and garlic and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, tossing often, until the shallots have softened. Turn off heat.
- In a large mixing bowl add in your lemon juice, red wine vinegar and fresh herbs.
- Add your cooked mushrooms into the dressing and toss around until coated.
- Add in your arugula and toss together, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with shavings of Parmesan on top.
Scroll down for printable recipe
The warmth from the mushrooms and shallots begin to wilt the peppery baby arugula, giving them almost a cooked feel in your mouth without giving away the freshness.Print