These real life bathroom cleaning hacks will leave your bathroom looking and smelling fresh in no time!
If going to school taught me anything last year besides the obvious, it was that it is almost impossible to keep your housework up when you’re out of the house 10-12 hours a day.
I have a new HUGE respect for all the working out of home moms and dads out there because YOU GUYS ARE ROCKSTARS. Like FOR REAL.
Because let’s be honest…We just CAN’T do it all.
I know for me when I started classes last year, I thought I could juggle my school work, website, parenting and still maintain my normality around here but I quickly realized that wasn’t the case. Some things had to be put on the back burner and I found myself often thinking about my priorities in order of importance.
Housework always seemed to go to the bottom of the list.
Does that happen to you too?
So today I thought I’d share a few bathroom cleaning tips and hacks that I do to save time, along with some products that I love.
I’m all for making your own cleaning products but when life is hectic you need simple, fast, and efficient.
So lets be real here…
- Bar Keepers Friend: This is an oldie but goodie I keep on hand. Just sprinkle some in the tub and around your fixtures and it works great at cleaning and polishing.
- Method All Purpose Cleaner: I continue to buy this stuff! I use this almost everywhere from the floors to the walls. In every room imaginable, but especially the bathroom. The grapefruit scent is my favorite because it’s just so fresh, and reminds me of my homemade all purpose cleaner. I keep a bottle of this behind each toilet to do quick wipe downs in the bathroom when needed.
Did you know that a big reason a bathroom might smell funky is due to your toilet brush? Here’s a little trick I use all purpose cleaner for that works great…
Whenever I’m running low on my AP cleaner, I fill my toilet brush holder with it. This does two things…
First, it cleans the brush in between uses. By keeping it stored in a cleaning solution like this it will help kill the stinky bacteria that might grow on the brush and help keep your bathroom smelling fresh.
It also is easy to keep your toilet bowl clean in between real cleanings. Because sometimes…ahem…sh*t happens, and marks are left in the toilet. So just grab it out of the cleaning solution and give it a little scrub without having to whip out the toilet bowl cleaner. 🙂
3. Shower Scrubber: Cleaning the shower and tub surrounds are the thorn in my side. Literally. It’s awkward to get in there and twist your body in all sorts of directions to scrub tile. So I’ve been using this scrubber with disposable pads to get the job done more efficiently.
4. Bleach Gel: Both of my bathrooms have older tile surrounds in the tubs and shower so the mold and mildew tends to build up at the bottom even when they’re being cleaned regularly so to keep it looking fresh I use bleach gel to easily remove the build up. This stuff sticks to the rim so you can let it sit there and work its magic without scrubbing the heck out of it.
*A little tip- If you can’t get this stuff…using a toilet bowl cleaner with bleach in it works just as well. 🙂
7. Shark Genius Mop– I love how easy this makes cleaning the floor and knowing that it’s sanitizing it as well is a big plus. Add in a couple drops of lemon or grapefruit essential oil too sometimes to give it a nice fresh scent.
I hope you found these bathroom cleaning hacks make cleaning your bathroom easier! Share some of your ideas in the comments below if you have some. 🙂
Talk to you soon friends, take care!