It may sound fancy, but this rotini with mushrooms in truffle oil could not be easier to make!
I love pasta! Who doesn’t right?
So when dinner time rolls around, and mommy hasn’t gone grocery shopping, I look through my pantry and make do with what we have.
This recipe calls for truffle oil, and you might not have this laying around in your pantry like I do…
If you don’t have it…GO GET SOME! It’s an investment but it will last forever, and it will make anything from Mac and Cheese to French fries taste awesome and gourmet!!
This is a simple recipe that takes about 15 minutes to make. It’s vegetarian. It’s simple. It’s delicious! Here we go….
Rotini with Sautéed Mushrooms in Truffle Oil with Thyme
What you’ll need…
2 boxes of fresh baby bella mushrooms
1/8 tsp white truffle oil
5 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 tablespoons butter
3 cloves fresh garlic
salt and pepper
pecorino romano cheese
1. bring water to a boil, add salt, and cook rotini until al dente (done with a bite)
2. In a medium/large sauté pan melt 3 tablespoons of butter on medium heat
3. Add fresh mushrooms, thyme, sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cook until mushrooms release their juice.
4. Once mushrooms appear to be cooked add a small drizzle of truffle oil and your chopped garlic, mix well, and turn off heat.
5. Toss your pasta in with your cooked mushrooms, and serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh pecorino romano cheese
Mmmm excuse me while I faceplant into this earthy bowl of goodness!
I hope you love this recipe
Enjoy, and let me know how you like that truffle oil