When I think of summer I think of lazy pool days, long summer nights, kids running in and out of the house, and cold refreshing treats like snowcones. So when my daughter asked to bake cupcakes yesterday I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try out an idea I saw in a magazine. Snowcone cupcakes!
box cake mix (or your own recipe) *needed in my box mix
Colored Ice Sprinkles:
1. I followed the instructions on the back of my box cake mix and made the cupcakes. Set aside to cool.
2. The I added a few drops of food coloring to each separated raw sugar cups. I used yellow, red, and blue coloring for this and mixed them up to get colored sugar.
3. Then I made my frosting by adding about a tablespoon of milk to a cup of powdered sugar. FYI-This frosting hardens up quickly so you need to work fast.
4. Next I dipped the cupcake into the frosting, then into the sugar and rolled it from front to back. This gave me clean lines and made it look like a genuine snowcone.
5. I then made paper cones out of some pretty paper, and stuck my cupcakes into them.
And there ya have it…
A perfect summer treat for the young and young of heart. Snowcone Cupcakes.
Linking up to…