Easy and Delicious Bistro Style Compound Butter is Perfect for Turkey, Chicken and any other Poultry.
- 1 cup room temp butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (minced)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (dried)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (dried)
- 6–8 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 1 tablespoon each salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl and place in plastic wrap and form into a log. Freeze the butter until ready to use.
- Place turkey parts on sheet pan and rub butter all over each piece and under the skin.
- Oven- Preheat oven to 450, bake turkey for 20-25 minutes until skin begins to brown then lower temp to 400. Cover pan with tinfoil and cook for another 30-45 minutes. or until internal temp of turkey breast reaches 165.
- Crockpot- scrunch up 3 pieces of tinfoil into logs and place at bottom of crockpot. Add in about a cup of water to bottom of pot. Place buttered up turkey pieces onto tinfoil logs. cover and cook on high for about 4 hours or until internal temp reads 165.