A make ahead, freezer breakfast favorite thats perfect for back to school! These breakfast burrito buns will make mornings on the run a little less hectic!
- 6 eggs
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup scallions ((roughly chopped))
- 4 slices bacon ((roughly chopped into smaller pieces))
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tube Pillsbury pizza dough
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- In a blender or food processor add in your eggs, can of tomatoes, bacon, scallions, 1 cup cheese, and salt and pepper. combine until everything is mixed to the consistency of apple sauce. You’ll still have some chunkiness from the tomatoes, bacon, and scallions. That’s what you want.
- Melt some butter into a saute pan, and pour your egg mixture in to cook, stirring constantly with a spatula. Set aside when cooked to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375. Lay out pizza dough onto a clean surface and spoon egg mixture onto it in a thin layer.
- Roll the dough into a long cylinder shape and slice into 2 inch rounds, and lay them flat onto a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheese on top of each bun.
- Cook in oven for about 20 minutes or until dough is cooked and slightly brown. Serve immediately or let cool completely and freeze to pop in the microwave or toaster at a later time.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Breakfast