Do you have 20 minutes? Do you have one medium-large skillet or sauté pan? Then guess what? You have everything you need to make this savory steak with gorgonzola butter and mushrooms!
I know it seems fancy, but I promise you it couldn’t be easier! This could also easily be a weeknight meal, and will make your family sing praises to you because they think it took forever to do…Don’t worry, your super power secret is safe with me! 😉
Here’s what you’ll need…(serves 4)
- 4 grilling type steaks (I’m using NY strips here-they were on sale)
- 9 cloves of garlic
- 1 box sliced baby portobella mushrooms
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 5 tablespoons unsalted *softened* butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (I use my own blend)
- salt and pepper
Take out your steaks and put them into a large Ziploc bag (or bowl). Chop 3 cloves of garlic and toss them in, also add 1 teaspoon of the steak seasoning, soy sauce, Worcestershire, a pinch of salt and pepper–then zip up the bag and mix everything around to make the steaks get happy in there. Leave them on the counter for about 10 minutes.
- While the steaks are marinating–get out a small bowl and add 4 tablespoons of your softened butter and gorgonzola to it, finely chop up 2 garlic cloves and parsley, mix it together and set aside.
- Heat up your pan on medium-high, and drizzle with a bit of olive oil, take your steaks out of the marinade and sear on each side ( about 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare/6-7 minutes medium-med well) Set them on a plate to rest while you cook your mushrooms.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low- add 1 tablespoon butter, and beef broth to deglaze the pan, add red onions and mushrooms, 1 teaspoon of steak seasoning, thyme and 4 cloves chopped garlic. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Serve these steaks on a bed of those scrumptious mushrooms and topped with a scoop of that Gorgonzola butter. The heat from the steak will melt it down and make it all buttery delicious…oh my drooling…
I love a great steak dinner, pair this with a wedge or steakhouse style salad and you’ll be golden!
20 minutes + 1 pan is all you need for this crazy delicious meal! I hope you love it 🙂
Talk to you soon friends, take care!