- 4–5 lb. pot roast
- 2 large yellow onions (sliced)
- 8–10 cloves garlic (crushed but left whole)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with italian herbs
- 12 oz chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons dry italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red peper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large cast iron pot on medium high. Drizzle in a few tablespoons of oil.
- Slice onions and add them into the pot along with your garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper and let them cook for a few minutes. Place roast on top of the onions and season with italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat to low. Pour in the diced tomatoes and chicken stock. Cover the pot and let cook for 3 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- Serve this over spaghetti with parmesan and fresh basil, or would be great with polenta, rice or potatoes! Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Pasta