A restaurant favorite made at home- this Chili’s copycat chicken enchilada soup is creamy, cheesy, super easy to make, and tastes just like a warm bowl of comfort on a cold night.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (diced into bite size pieces)
- 1 yellow onion- finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup masa harina
- 16 oz. bag of cubed cheddar cheese
- 2 10 oz. cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up oil in large soup pot on medium high heat. Add chicken ; cook until no longer pink.
- Tranfer chicken to a small bowl and add onions and garlic to pot. Cook for about 3 minutes- stirring.
- Add in chicken brother, 1 cup water, and enchilada sauce to pot.
- In a bowl mix together 2 cups water with 1 cup masa harina until smooth. Slowly whisk in the thickening mixture into the pot on stove.
- Add in your cubed cheese and stir until everything is melted.
- Add in your seasonings, and chicken. Reduce heat and simmer slowly for about 30 minutes.
*Top your soup with crushed tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and scallions
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Mexican/American
Keywords: Copycat recipe, chicken enchilada soup, Chili's chicken enchilada soup