- 1 package pasta shells
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and dry seasonings until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted.
- Add to pasta
- Add dried cranberries, and fresh herbs; toss to coat.
*optional: add mac and cheese to buttered baking dish, top with breadcrumbs to finish in oven if preferred.
- Cuisine: Holiday