- 2 cups cooked turkey ((light and dark meat))
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 turnips (chopped)
- 3 parsnips (chopped)
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 box low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Chop up all your vegetables and cooked turkey into bite size pieces, and add them into crockpot.
- Add cans of mushroom soup and chicken stock along with spices.
- Cover and let cook on high for 6 hours.
- 5 1/2 hours into cooking, scoop out some of the broth into a bowl and mix cornstarch into it until smooth. Pour it into the crockpot along with the heavy cream. Stir together, and recover to finish cooking.
- *This step is optional but I highly recommend it! Cook stovetop stuffing and add a scoop into your soup when serving it up. It really brings the whole Thanksgiving flavors together! I also topped mine with fried green onions (like what you’d use for green bean casserole) and to give the tart and sweet effect of cranberry sauce, I sprinkles some pomegranate seeds on top. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Soup