Buttery, melt in your mouth sirloin steak in a sweet and savory sauce, cooked along with earthy and tender mushrooms with shallots. There’s so much flavor going on in this one little pan!
- 3 cuts sirloin steak
- 1 package baby bella mushrooms (quatered)
- 2 shallots (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsely (optional*)
- Let your steaks sit out and come to room temp. This is the first step to making sure your sirloins are tender.
- Heat up a hot cast iron skillet on high heat and drizzle olive oil in pan. With a paper towel, pat dry both sides of the steaks and season with salt, pepper, and herbs de provence.
- Add your steaks in to the hot skillet for 3 minutes on one side, lower the temp to medium high, and flip steaks over to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in your mushrooms and shallots, and worcestershire sauce, season with more salt and pepper if desired. Cover the pan, turn off heat, and let stand for additional 3-4 minutes until the shallots and mushrooms soften slightly.
- Serve immediately with veg of choice.
*Sirloin is to be cooked to a temp of medium rare. Anything beyond that will make the meat chewy.
- Category: Main Dish