This recipe for seared ahi tuna is fantastic on its own, but place it on a bed of mixed greens, shredded carrots, sliced radish, and cucumbers and you have a perfect lunch or dinner any day of the week!
For the Ahi Tuna
- 5 oz. Ahi Tuna (*Sashimi or Sushi grade)
- 1 teaspoon Grillers Steak Seasoning (*Montreal or similar)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
For the salad
- 1 cup mixed spring mix
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 english cucumber (sliced thin)
- 3 radishes (sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons Crunchy Asian Noodles ( (optional))
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- salt and pepper (to taste)
To make the dressing…
- Add all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. It will still have a little texture from the ginger.
To sear the Ahi tuna…
- Heat up coconut oil in a skillet on high heat. Season the tuna on both sides. Place in skillet one minute. Turn over, cook for additional minute and remove from pan.
- Slice the Tuna to expose the rareness and serve on top salad topped with the ginger dressing immediately.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Seafood