- 1 1/2 lbs. stew meat
- 6 red potatoes (diced)
- 3 large carrots (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 box button mushrooms (quartered)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bring stew meat to room temp. Season with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
- Melt butter in a large cast iron soup pot on medium/high heat and add meat, Brown on all sides.
- Add in your onions, and garlic. Season with more salt and pepper. Cook while stirring around for 5 minutes.
- Add in your carrots, potatoes, wine, broth, soup mixes, and bay leaves. Lower heat to a slow simmer and continue to cook covered for 1 hour.
- Add in your mushrooms, and continue to cook covered for an additional 15-20 minutes.
**I garnished this dish with some chopped arugula. It doesn’t effect the flavor of this stew in any way.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Soup