This low fat turkey chili recipe is a great staple to add to your dinner rotation!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 16 oz. cans red kidney beans
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (*I use Texas Pete)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large cast iron soup pot, add a couple teaspoons of oil and add in your ground turkey to brown on medium high heat.
- Once almost cooked through, add in your onion, green pepper, and garlic and cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Lower heat to low and add in your spices, stir together and then add in the water, hot sauce, kidney beans and tomatoes.
- Cover the pot with the lid and cook on low for one hour.
- *Optional: Serve with a dollop of low fat sour cream and some chopped scallions
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Soup