- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 3 32 oz.boxes low sodium chicken broth ((can substitute for your own))
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes with italian herbs
- 2 large yellow onions (sliced thinly)
- 5 cloves garlic (sliced thinly)
- 2 14.5 oz cans cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon dried italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil (garnish)
- grated Parmesan (garnish)
- In a large soup pot, add in your chicken stock and bring to a boil. In a separate pot, cook egg noodles until tender and set aside.
- Add in your chicken breasts to poach, about 10 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, slice onions and garlic and open cans of beans and tomatoes.
- Remove chicken and place on plate to cool. Add in your onions, garlic, tomatoes, beans, and dried spices to the broth and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Shred chicken and add back into the broth, right before serving.
Add in egg noodles to the bowl and pour soup over top. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
*I prefer cooking my egg noodles separately so they do not absorb the broth and don’t over cook. You can cook them directly in the soup if you prefer.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian, Soup