Smokey blue cheese crumbles melted into a beautiful cream sauce with savory beef and mushrooms over egg noodles. This blue cheese beef stroganoff isn’t messing around when it comes to flavor!
- 1 1/2 lbs. top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 shallots, sliced thin
- 8 oz. whole button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 12 oz. bag of egg noodles
- 5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- splash of heavy cream or milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped (or dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a large skillet on medium high. Add 3 tablespoons butter to melt. Season both sides of steak and cut into thin pieces. Add to pan to brown.
- After 3-4 minutes of tossing beef in hot pan to brown, add in shallots and lower the heat to medium. Stir often until shallots are caramelized along with the beef.
- Scoop out beef and shallots into bowl and set aside. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter to pan, and add mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add water to another pot and bring to boil, add salt for the egg noodles. Cook according to package directions for al Dente.
- Once the mushrooms have softened, add back in the beef and shallots to skillet. Lower heat to medium low.
- Add into the skillet blue cheese crumbles, tarragon, paprika, mustard, and a splash of cream. Stirring often until blue cheese melts.
- As the noodles finish cooking. Turn off the heat on the skillet, add 1 cup sour cream and use a slotted spoon to scoop noodles out of the water directly to skillet.
- Mix the noodles into the beef and mushroom mixture until fully coated in cream sauce and sour cream has blended in. Use the water from the pot to thin out sauce if needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
*Substitute blue cheese for cream cheese if you want a milder flavor or any equivalent melting cheese
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Russian-American
Keywords: beef stroganoff, 30 minute meal, easy pasta recipe