- 6 Gala apples (*Any variety used for baking will do)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (*cubed)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Wash apples and cut the tops off. Cut out the core and seeds. Place upright in crockpot.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, oats, sugar, cinnamon and salt to create a crumb filling.
- Pour caramel sauce into the cavity of the apples, and top them with the oat and butter mixture.
- Cook 3 hours on high in your crockpot. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.