- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 box chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes with italian herbs
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 jars Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan/Italian dried herbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 bag egg noodles
- Heat up a large pot on medium/high and drizzle in about 3 tablespoons of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes into the pot. Drain the rest of the jar and set aside.
- Chop the onion and chicken and add into the pot. Season well with salt and pepper.
- After the chicken is almost cooked through, chop your garlic and add it in, along with the dried seasonings, the sun dried tomatoes and can of diced tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add 1 box of chicken stock, 2 jars of Alfredo sauce and lower the heat to low and cover the pot to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add in 1/2 bag of egg noodles to the soup.
(Note- you can cook them separate as well and just add them in to the bowls before serving. I recommend this if you’re not going to eat the whole pot in one sitting. They won’t turn mushy)
Once the egg noodles are cooked, turn off the heat and add in the baby spinach and basil. Stir well so they wilt.
- Serve up the soup with some crusty toasted bread and top with parmesan cheese. Enjoy 🙂
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Soup