- 1 box Riagtoni
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 jar favorite tomato sauce (I use one with sausage flavoring)
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 bulb fennel sliced
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cream (I use half n half)
- grated Pecorino Romano to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Rigatoni as per package directions.
While water is boiling, heat up a pan on high and drizzle some olive oil in. Add in the ground sausage to brown.
- While sausage is browning, chop your garlic and slice your onion and fennel bulb.
**Only use the bulb portion of it.
Add them to your sausage.
- Toss everything around every 30 seconds to make sure your vegetables are cooking.
Add in salt and pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour in the sauce and stir together. Cover and lower the heat to medium low and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Drain your pasta, and turn the heat off your sauce. Pour the cream into the sauce and stir everything well.
- You can either serve the sauce over the pasta or mix them together like I do to make sure its all coated.
Top with a nice sprinkling of Pecorino Romano and serve…Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Pasta