Salty and savory ham mixed with the pop of sweet baby peas is a delicious combination especially when mixed with pasta in a creamy garlic dressing! Bring this side dish to your next summer BBQ or just eat it on it’s own as a quick and easy meal. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 lb. pasta ( I like using shells or something similar)
- 2 cups ham (diced)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 cup scallions (chopped)
- 3–4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 4 oz. cream cheese (I use reduced fat but choose what you like)
- 1–2 tablespoons poppy seeds (optional*)
- Cook your pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining.
- Add your ham, peas, and scallions into a large bowl with the pasta.
- Add 4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, and the minced garlic to the 1 cup of reserved pasta water. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour dressing over the pasta, and give everything a good toss together. Sprinkle with poppy seeds before serving.
- Category: Main Dish, Salad
- Cuisine: Pasta