A creamy twist on an italian classic! This creamy chicken marsala mushroom pasta is sure to be your new family favorite!
- 1 box Rigatoni pasta
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets
- 1 box baby bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tablspoons dried italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (thinly sliced) (*optional to top)
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a large cast iron saute pan, add a couple tablespoons of olive oil to heat up on medium high. Season both sides of your chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a couple more tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and add in the onions until they begin to soften. 3=5 minutes. Add in your mushrooms and garlic and lower the heat to medium. Season with salt pepper and italian seasoning. Another 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the marsala wine and scrape up all the bits at the bottom of the pan. Add in the cream and cheese and stir until cheese has melted. Slice up the chicken into strips and add back into the sauce. Let everything cook together for 5 minutes. Lowering the heat to a low.
- Add pasta into the sauce and toss everything together. Serve immediately with sliced fresh basil and more parmesan on top.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian, Pasta