Breakfast for dinner is served in a flash with this super easy and delicious breakfast sausage, bacon and egg biscuit casserole made in a cast iron pan!
- 5 pieces of thick cut bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 lb. ground breakfast sausage
- 1 small yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 package refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits-16 oz)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Chop up onion and garlic
- Chop up bacon and add to 10-12” cast iron skillet on medium heat. Cook until crispy and set aside on paper towels.
- Now add the breakfast sausage to brown. once almost fully cooked add in the onions and garlic, and the red pepper flakes
- Turn off the heat, and remove the sausage and onion mixture into a bowl to cool down
- In another bowl, mix your eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in 1/2 of your cheese into the eggs, and gradually start adding your warm sausage and onion mixture into the eggs, stirring often until the entire mixture is blended. (this is so the sausage wont curdle the eggs out of the pan.)
- Next open your biscuit package and fill the bottom of the cast iron pan with the 8 biscuits (7 around and 1 in the middle)
- Pour the egg and sausage mixture over the biscuits
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and the crumbled bacon
- Put cast iron pan onto baking sheet and place in 425 oven for 25 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
*Feel free to change up meats and cheese for different flavors
**We love this with sausage gravy or for a southwestern style have it with salsa and sour cream
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cast iron skillet meal, breakfast casserole, breakfast for dinner, breakfast sausage, bacon, egg biscuit bake