If you like Bonefish Grill’s ever so popular Bang Bang Shrimp than you will love this recipe! Quick fried shrimp in a creamy spicy mayo over rice. Its the perfect week night meal!
for the shrimp
- 1/2 lb. medium raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup corn starch
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
for the sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2–4 tablespoons Sriracha (Asian hot chili sauce*)
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1–2 tablespoons water (this is to thin out the sauce if it’s too thick)
to make the bowls
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 avacado (sliced)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons scallions (thinly sliced)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. In a bowl, add cornstarch, salt and pepper and dredge the shrimp in it, tapping off excess.
- Working in batches, add shrimp to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To make the sauce, whisk together mayo, sweet Thai chili sauce, sriracha, and peanut butter. Add a tablespoon or two of water if it’s too thick.
- Toss the shrimp into the sauce until evenly coated and serve immediately over rice, topped with lettuce, scallions and avacado. Drizzle any remaining sauce over top.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood